Tuesday, July 13, 2010

PSP (but not as you may think)

I don't want this thread to be purely about computer games, and I am aware of what I said in my previous post about the PSP, but I feel I must tell this tale.

As I mentioned in my last post I recently went on hol with my wife, however we have very different ideas of what makes a great holiday, but as we only had a limited budget she had her wish and we went somewhere hot with a pool. I knew it would be great to spend some quality time together, but I did not want to just sit in the heat (honestly, like roasting a hog!) so I decided to invest in a PSP to take with me. I did not use it. I was too busy enjoying myself, so like all the others I had it was going to be traded in.

However, we came back to some bad news and I found myself having to spend an awful lot of time waiting around in hospitals, and this is where I found the real joy of the PSP. It wasn't in the games but in the fact that I loaded up my holiday photos on there to show my parents, I downloaded my music and films to keep me entertained, I also downloaded a few classic PS1 games, but best of all I found that it had a comic reader similar to the motion comics on i-Tunes, so for only £1.19 an issue I could also read my favorite comics (and you guys know how much I love my comics). All of these things I did on one small machine without inserting one UMD, amazing.

Now I also know most of you are screaming "Get an i-Phone, it does all those things!", but this was £99, and you can also get good UMD films and games rather cheaply. So it was just to say that the PSP is back in favor with me, and yes it is a good games console but its' extra features are also just as good and useful, especially when I didn't even mention built in Skype, radio, attachable camera, and GPS.

Live the dream, J!

No comments:

Post a Comment