Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blog presentation - Pecha Kucha

The art of Pecha Kucha or, “how to squeeze 115 presentations in a day where there was only place for 95” Barcamp Gent 28/03/2008, is about delivering a presentation on exactly 20 slides, which show for exactly 20 seconds. There are many reasons for doing this;


  1. Keep the interest level up

  2. Everything fits the format

  3. Pecha Kucha = [pecha-k-cha] = the sound of conversation

So on that basis I have to present my own blog to an audience in a Pecha Kucha style. I have decided to focus the main bulk of the presentation on my thoughts around ‘networks’ and ‘social media’ as it is only a short time, therefore not enough to go into detail on every idea. I have decided to keep the slides simple as firstly, I have not used PowerPoint in over ten years, so stick to what I know, but secondly, and more importantly, due to the time constraints I do not want my audience spending all their time looking up and not listening to the presentation. So I have mainly used pictures of key points to help emphasize these key points, when a picture says a thousand words.


The slides are now uploaded to slideshare.com, under Jon Moore idat 101, so have a look, though they might not make much sense on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment