Friday, June 18, 2010

3DS

The other major news from E3 for me is the 3DS. What can I say, the kings of handhelds, Nintendo, batting for another home run, I know where my money will be placed.

I can't really say a lot for this other than I remember when the original DS was announced, I looked at the stats, compared them against the PSP's, added the fact that the DS's biggest game was going to be an 9yr old 'Mario' game and believed that Sony had it in the bag. How wrong was I, the DS felt right to play, it was fresh, and appealed to everyone. Yes the PSP is more powerful, and yes there are some awful howlers on the DS, but any game that Nintendo touches is like pure gold.

So imagine a more powerful DS with bells and whistles on, and you have the 3DS, and with any worries about remakes of Zelda games etc on launch, I only have to remind my self of how wrong I was with 'Mario 64 DS' to enable me to place them to one side.

I WANT ONE NOW!

1 comment: