Friday, June 18, 2010

Playstation Move

Ok, so E3 is in full swing, and being a massive gamer this is a very exciting time for me, more so than watching England play in the world cup.

I am not one of those gamers who only own one brand of console and feel the need to run down everything else on the market, nor am I the person who has each and every machine on the market. I prefer to own one for a period of time, play a few games on it, then swap to another if there are platform exclusive titles which appeal to me. Having said that, the current gen of consoles have now been out for a number of years, and as of last sept I have stuck with my slim PS3, with no plans of changing it any time soon. On a side note it is worth mentioning that, yes I do change consoles, but with each of the past generations I have found myself settling on the Playstation, so you could call it my favourite.

When the PS3 was launched though, I had no interest in it. I thought it was too expensive, nowhere near enough decent games to swap from my 360, and it felt a bit 'borrowed' from other consoles. But like the PS2 before, after a year it hit its stride, and with games like 'MGS4' and 'Little Big Planet' how could I not get one.

All this leads me on to 'Playstation Move'. When I first heard about it, I along with millions of others thought, "they've done it again, they've copied another company", and of course I am referring to the Wii, and by "copying again" I mean the achievements system on the 360. However just like the achievement system on the 360, Playstation copied it with their 'Trophies' and in my opinion improved it. The same must be said for the 'Move' controllers. Yes they are an extra expense, but most of you will already own the camera, and by being able to use the DualShock controller with most games as well, the cost isn't as high as first was thought. Bundle this with the first wave of games coming out like 'SOCOM 4' and 'Heros on the Move' and suddenly it becomes an affordable essential.

Finally I leave you with the thought of, if this is what they are achieving now, what will be happening in two years when developers put their knowledge together with the one-to-one tracking of 'Move' and the pure grunt of the PS3?




No comments:

Post a Comment