Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Digital Signature (part 3)

It would be easy to pick a font type for my design based purely on how aesthetically pleasing I find it and therefore the effect it would have on my design. Having researched the font types, there are many more aspects to take into consideration when picking a style like the history and connotations attached to it. There are many font types which would be technically good for the image. Verdana, Century Gothic, and Tahoma are all very similar rounded texts which were created to be versatile in the way in which they are displayed, i.e. not becoming distorted and visible what ever screen size it is displayed on. All would look good within the design but that would be it.
Impact, does exactly what it says in the name, it is a very bold font type that would make the image stand out, but I think it looks very condensed and squashed, which is in contradiction to me being a fairly open easy to read person. Therefore I have decided on the two font types Arial and Bookman Old Style.
‘Jon’ is to be written in Arial; personally I find it a friendly, warm font which is slightly rounded, all of which could be said about me. Also Arial was designed to be in tune with the mood of the last decades of the twentieth century, with a less mechanical appearance. It is the font’s uniqueness in design, along with its pleasant appearance, which make me feel it is the perfect choice to identify me.
‘Moore’ is therefore to be in Bookman Old Style. This font was created in 1858 so has a long history like my family name. It is also classified as a legible and robust text face, this links to the meaning of my surname, derived from working and surviving on harsh landscapes.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen the digital signature that you have designed. Its very creative and looks really nice. You have selected the appropriate font style and even the color combination is also good.
    digital signature

    ReplyDelete