Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stonehouse aura

Going back to the idea of the aura and soul of Union Street I took a quick walk back along the street with a blank map and some coloured pencils to capture what I believed the aura of the place to be. The green represents areas of newness, life and prosperity. The red is the reverse, areas of decay and relative poverty, whereas the blue has factors of both, areas of wealth which do not help or improve the area, like the bars and nightclubs. I have left on the margin of the page showing the swirls of blue and green heading in the direction of the city centre because I believe there would have been a flip in the other direction of this aura towards Union Street less than 100 years ago. So with my ideas, it would be ideal to make Union Street a ‘green’ area again, in every sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment