Monday, October 12, 2009

Understanding myself (IDAT 101)

The picture below is a photograph of a ‘mind map’ I made about myself. The purpose of this piece was to better understand what influences and factors shape me into the individual I am perceived to be by others. We were asked to create an image to show this, and the task was meant to be purely for ‘fun’. However, I used this as a good opportunity to create a piece which I felt would be useful to ‘self justify’ any creative decisions I make.
The centre of the image represents me. It is surrounded by the seven major influences on my life, and shows how they are linked to me. The pink lines are a lifestyle connection, the blue lines are an enjoyment connection, and the green lines represent an emotional connection. Everything else within the diagram is an offshoot from those main connections and the orange lines show the links between them. Although I see this as a good overview of myself, it is no way near as comprehensive as it could have been, but it was a logical finishing point for this exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment