Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Digital Signature

Having looked at the task I have concluded that it should be broken down into three key elements. Firstly my name itself, what it means, where it comes from etc. Secondly, the choice of font(s) to represent the aspects I want to illustrate. And finally, the positioning and styling of the text within the frame.
As mentioned on a previous post I have already done a mind map of the factors which go into making me, me. However for this task I wished to simplify these influences to be as personal and identity focused as possible, so I created the following image to represent this idea.



After looking at this image I have chosen to focus in on the character traits I have, as I feel these are unique to making me who I am, as opposed to just experiences I have had.
The main points I want to point out with my name are that firstly it is two parts, ‘Jon’ being a name given individually to me, whereas ‘Moore’ is a family name linked to a large number of people. Secondly I feel that due to having a distant relationship with my family, other than my immediate family, the surname aspect of my name doesn’t define me in anyway, it just acts as an identifier. Therefore, thirdly, ‘Jon’ is the part of my name I wish to be mainly connected with.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, good blog but the picture provided is not clear. Can you please provide some large image that is clear/visible in order to understand the signature defined here.
    digital signature FAQ

    ReplyDelete