Monday, October 5, 2009

To create you must understand (IDAT 102)

As an individual I have just been given the task to create my own website. Ok breath.
This will be a challenge as I have never done anything like this before, however I am fairly confident in my ability to learn.
As a starting point we have been asked to select sites we like and to explain why. Now I have never had my own internet connection, I have always relied on others, primarily my in-laws.
Whilst this provided me with regular access, because of the situation I would always log on and view the same few sites every time. First it would be quick stops at Hotmail, Facebook and Play.com, maybe followed by a quick couple of clips on Youtube, before finally spending the majority of my time endlessly searching through IMDB for all the facts and figures I could get.
I am a major movie fan and love useless facts and figures, so this is like a personal paradise to me. http://www.imdb.com/

From this simple task I have decided two things. Firstly I like sites that are full of content for me to learn from, and secondly that I haven't seen many sites. So quite simply if I am to make my own site it will probably be quite informative, but I need to look around more on the internet as I am going to have to get people to want to look at it in the first place, on face value, therefore I need to find out what is attractive, so to speak, in a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment