Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brand J! from the beginning part 3

However I looked at what I had done to that point, and the changes I made, and I realised that it wasn't my imagination which was letting me down, because I had some great ideas, and I asked myself, "Did I really come here, give up a good job, put my family in a worse position, to do a half hearted job?"

The answer to that was obviously no, I am trying to improve myself so my family has a better future. It became clear I was trying to play it safe, I knew I could do the basics because I had been taught the basics, and I thought if I carried on I would scrape by, but in the real world scraping by won't get you very far. Therefore I sat down with something I knew I could operate, a pencil and paper, and thought really hard about what and how I would like to present my work if the physical task of actually making it wasn't an obstacle. I knew I wanted an avatar to be an online signature, like a small stamp to say this is me, and that was what I had been working on, with the designs, before I decided to change everything. It also had to be centred around the characters 'J!' as that is what I had been using for years to end sms or the occasional email I did send, so it seemed right to carry that on. I didn't want it just for the sake of having it though, it had to mean something and be different. Also I knew I wanted a character, again something unique, which I could use instead of pictures of me, and also use as an online persona. So I started sketching.

Below are some of the sketches along with early website ideas to compliment the designs for the avatar and character.


No comments:

Post a Comment