Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brand J! from the beginning part 8

My portfolio page caused me the most headaches. I didn't want each item to link to another page, and I didn't want a larger block of items, which were pretty much the only two things I knew how to do. I wanted a lightbox effect, but in my style, so after many hours researching and trial and error I finally produced a working model I was happy with. However when I then tried this page in other browsers it just didn't seem to want to play, some of it down to slight mistakes I had made, but most of it down to unknown forces working against me in the galaxy. After some more fiddling though I managed to land with a version I was happy with, and which worked across all major browser types. I say all but still it doesn't fully work with IE6 due to a width:100% function in the css, but to change it for that would be plain wrong, so as a compromise I have included an if statement in the html which picks out if the user is using IE6, then warns them about these issues, as you can see in the lower screen shot below.



No comments:

Post a Comment