Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brand J! from the beginning part 6

Now I move on to the biggest hurdle, which was designing my website to match my ideas, and more importantly making it work.

I wanted to follow convention in terms of in needed a home page, a portfolio page, an about page, and a contact form, along with my blog which I wanted to host myself at my domain name, not on another site, with a random address, like my blog at the time was.

I started with my home page which I decided early on I wanted to be something fun, I thought you go to the home page of the site, then link through to various other pages, you don't actually stop on this home hub. So I came up with the idea of Jay simply thinking, with his thoughts being the links to the other pages. Once you selected a page there was no need to return to the home page, you simply navigated around the rest of the site using the header and footer bars. It is just some fun on the front end of the site to demonstrate my ideas and skills, there is also my latest twitter feed with a link if you wanted to follow me. However to help with SEO and accessibility there is a lot of meta data and descriptions within the html to stop it just being a few pictures on a page.

Below are two screens showing the page. You can see my favicon in the address bar to help with brand recognition, and also you see in the second screen that when you hover over the link, Jay changes and has a 'eureka' pose, and the lightbulb lights up. The colour the bulb goes are all different and are carried across the theme of the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment