Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brand J! from the beginning part 4

With the basic designs done I set about making them a reality using Illustrator. I was pleased with the results and decided that if I could achieve that, then I could base an online presence around these two key images, and more importantly realise the potential I had in my ideas.

Below is the final design for my avatar, the design ideals have remained from the early ideas, so don't need explaining, but it's just better. It appears more professional aesthetically, and represents me as a person better with bright colours and the comic book style font. Also below is the final design for the Jay character, and a composition of the same character in various poses. He was designed to be quite simple in his makeup so that small changes in key parts would greatly change the appearance (this is what I have tried to demonstrate in the composition), I used bold lines and shapes, and this mixed with the font that accompanies him, gives the piece a real art deco feel. I tried to give him some of my physical characteristics, to make him a true online persona for me, like thaw quiff in the hair, the larger bottom lip, and the short stature. The main attribute of 'Jay' however is that he is always in grey scale. This is down to a number of reasons, firstly I love grey scale, and this is evident in my previous website design, secondly I feel it actually makes the design stand out more as it is unique, and lastly I think it makes the piece seem more professional overall.



No comments:

Post a Comment