Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brand J! from the beginning part 5

I wanted to get these two designs out onto the web whilst I was working on my new website design, as I didn't know how long it would take as I needed to get my skill level up to match my idea level, so I decided to alter my other outlets first.

I started with twitter as I was new to the site and believed it to be beneficial to change the design once rather than twice, also by having these things in place from the start and sticking with them it would help my followers become familiar with these designs, and therefore start a brand recognition. Twitter was also good as it allowed me to change the background to include my Jay character, and also my avatar to my new avatar, meaning both things were out there in the same place.

YouTube was next and was very similar, I altered my channel to match my twitter page in appearance, then finally I alter my flickr channel but was only able to change my avatar to the new version. I tried also to link back through these three sites as much as possible, and also linked back to my then unchanged site at every opportunity, with the promise of an updated site soon. I believe the old site stayed up for about 8 weeks from this point, however my designs and web address was out there, gaining brand awareness.

Below are some screens from my YouTube, flickr, and twitter pages showing my designs. Also there is a screen from my blog at the time showing the small changes I had made to it to include my avatar, and old website theme of blacks and reds.




No comments:

Post a Comment