Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sketch signing

Applets by comparison are considered untrusted since they are initiated automatically in the browser. This restriction prevents applets from doing certain things, such as loading content from a different domain than the one hosting the applet.

Due to the fact that I am using data from another domain, and that this piece will have to run from my website, I will obviously have to sign the applet. To do this I had to use 'Terminal' on the mac, in the utilities folder which I rarely visit. I had never used this program before so after doing some research online I found these two helpful resources, which with a bit of common sense made this process easy to achieve.

First off was a YouTube video on the general workings of Terminal, then secondly this forum post on the actual process of signing the sketch.

I have also included this picture of my signing just to show where the changes are that I made to make it relevant to my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment